also called King William Rufus
was the second son of the last king, William
- Upon his father's death, England
was given to William and Normandy was given to his elder brother,
- Both wanted the lot. So they
were very angry. William spent most of his time invading Normandy.
- He was not a very nice man and
lots of people in the country disliked him, especially the Church.
- King William was shot dead
whilst hunting in the New Forest. It was supposed have been an
accident, but many people think he was murdered!
- His body was taken by a charcoal
burner to be buried in Winchester Cathedral in Hampshire.
- The next king was his brother, Henry